This is my attempt to get back into pre-baby shape and ring in the big 3-5 with a bang, or rather with 26.2 miles. Just as training for my first half marathon taught me a lot about myself (for example, it taught me that not only was I capable of running 13.1 miles in a row, but that I love doing it), I'm sure this experience will be as educational as it will be challenging. Thanks for sharing in my journey with me . . .

Friday, April 1, 2011

3/29/2011

Training schedule says I will do: 45 minute run

I actually did: 10:22 minutes/0.94 miles*

*1.94 miles using Aubree's Bonus Mileage System, getting 1 extra mile for pushing the jogging stroller

Days to go until the marathon: 178

Miles to go until 1000: 941.70

Red Hot Chili Peppers song played during the run: No

Today's run was pathetic, only this time it wasn't my attitude that made it so, it was my son's.  I had him with me in the jogging stroller, and after about half a mile he started to cry uncontrollably.  I tried to soothe him but he wasn't having it, so we turned around and headed home.  We were still about 0.25 miles from home (I always walk for 0.25 miles to warm up before I start to run, so running home takes longer than running out from home) when he started crying even harder (I didn't know that was possible!), and the only thing that would calm him down was to pick him up.  So, for the last 0.25 miles, I walked, carrying him in one arm and pushing the stroller with the other.  I must've looked ridiculous to passersby.  Let me tell you, that 0.25 miles felt about 10 times longer than the 1 mile I actually ran!!

No comments:

Post a Comment