This is my attempt to get back into pre-baby shape and ring in the big 3-5 with a bang, or rather with 26.2 miles. Just as training for my first half marathon taught me a lot about myself (for example, it taught me that not only was I capable of running 13.1 miles in a row, but that I love doing it), I'm sure this experience will be as educational as it will be challenging. Thanks for sharing in my journey with me . . .

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

4/12/2011

Training schedule says I will do: 50 minute run

I actually did: 49:03 minutes/4.48 miles

Days to go until the marathon: 166

Miles to go until 1000: 909.92

Red Hot Chili Peppers song played during the run: No

Ipod irony on this run:
1. *NSync's "Pop" played today in the same spot it did a few runs ago.  I remember this because it was the day I wrote about how much I loved them.  This was also ironic because earlier in the run, a Huey Lewis & The News song played ("Power of Love") which reminded me of this awesome all-day concert held in Washington DC after September 11 to raise money for the Pentagon Relief Fund.  It just so happened to take place on the weekend Aubree was already coming to visit, so we went.  Huey & boys were there, but so were *NSync, and that concert was the genesis of my love for them because when they took the stage, the excitement in the stadium was palpable, and I thought it was pretty cool that 5 guys could create that.


2. Bell Biv Devoe's "Do Me" played in the same spot it did a few runs ago.  I remember this for 2 reasons: 1) I remember thinking how much I like that song even though it clearly advocates having sex with underage groupies, which I do not condone, and 2) Whenever I hear a Bell Biv Devoe song, I think that there is no greater running music than 90's hip hop.  And by 90's hip hop, I mean Bell Biv Devoe, Naughty by Nature, Heavy D & The Boys, Salt N Pepa.  My brother told me this is not 90's hip hop (he says that is Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, etc), but it is to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment