This is my attempt to get back into pre-baby shape and ring in the big 3-5 with a bang, or rather with 26.2 miles. Just as training for my first half marathon taught me a lot about myself (for example, it taught me that not only was I capable of running 13.1 miles in a row, but that I love doing it), I'm sure this experience will be as educational as it will be challenging. Thanks for sharing in my journey with me . . .

Thursday, April 7, 2011

4/6-4/7/2011

Once again, I have to admit to you that I have been a slacker.  I was supposed to do a 60 minute run yesterday; I skipped this mostly because I was really nervous about running for 60 minutes and still getting home in time to get ready for work (and I refuse to set my alarm for earlier than 4 am because that just seems wrong).  So I figured I'd just do the run today, on what was supposed to be day off.  But you know the drill by now, right?  This morning I just kept thinking, "today is my day off".  So I slept.  I know, bad.  I will do my run tomorrow which I think is supposed to be 50 minutes, and hopefully if I can do that and still make it to work on time, I'll have the confidence that I can also do a 60 minute run, and next week will be better.

1 comment:

  1. I've had a really lazy workout week too! Monday was my day off, which was fine to skip. But this week, rather than not waking up until I wake up at 5:00, Eleanor has been wanting out to potty between 4:30-4:45...I know that since I'm up, it would make sense just to stay up, but it doesn't seem right to do that, so I go back to bed and turn off the alarm. I did a short walk yesterday, but now I feel like I have a cold and that is just another excuse to be lazy. Oh, and I think the bonus mileage system is bad for me. Last week it was dark and raining hard, and I ended up with a soaked foot...bonus miles. The next morning, I decided to not work out, because I had bonus miles from the day before.

    ReplyDelete