This is my attempt to get back into pre-baby shape and ring in the big 3-5 with a bang, or rather with 26.2 miles. Just as training for my first half marathon taught me a lot about myself (for example, it taught me that not only was I capable of running 13.1 miles in a row, but that I love doing it), I'm sure this experience will be as educational as it will be challenging. Thanks for sharing in my journey with me . . .

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

4/5/2011

Training schedule says I will do: 45 minute run

I actually did: 45:14 minutes/3.98 miles*

*4.605 miles using Aubree's Bonus Mileage System, getting 1/8 mile for darkness and 1/2 mile for sweating through 2 layers of clothing

Days to go until the marathon: 175

Miles to go until 1000: 926.49

Red Hot Chili Peppers song played during the run: Yes! (Finally!)

Mellow, but surprisingly good running songs discovered: "Take Me Home, Country Roads" by John Denver, and "Upside Down" by Jack Johnson

Today's run was the first time I got to use my new reflective vest, which was really exciting!  My friend Aubree had sent me a link to one from amazon that I was going to buy, but then my husband said I should go buy one from a local store to support the local economy.  Since he is right, I should do that, I did.  This is the one I got: http://www.amphipod.com/products/visibility/reflective-vests/xinglet-pocket  It was a little more expensive than some of the other ones they had, but it has a zippered pocket, which I think is really cool!

For most of my run today I was thinking about my son.  I was thinking about all the exciting things he'll get to do as he grows, and I was getting so excited to see him get to do those things.  But then at the same time, he has already grown and changed so much and I kind of want to keep him the age he is now forever.  I guess that is the paradox of being a parent.  And since I don't know a way to make time stand still, I guess I will have to settle on watching him grow and experience new things, and feel lucky that I get to do that.

1 comment:

  1. Glad I got to see the reflective vest (with very cool pocket). You are doing an amazing job, thanks for hosting us yesterday and happy running.

    ReplyDelete