This is my attempt to get back into pre-baby shape and ring in the big 3-5 with a bang, or rather with 26.2 miles. Just as training for my first half marathon taught me a lot about myself (for example, it taught me that not only was I capable of running 13.1 miles in a row, but that I love doing it), I'm sure this experience will be as educational as it will be challenging. Thanks for sharing in my journey with me . . .

Monday, April 25, 2011

4/24/2011

Training schedule says I will do: 10 miles

I actually did:  10.15 miles*
 
*11.65 miles using Aubree's Bonus Mileage System, getting 1 extra mile for traveling uphill for 2 miles, and 1/2 extra mile for sweating through 2 layers of clothes

Days to go until the marathon: 154

Miles to go until 1000: 872.77

Red Hot Chili Peppers song played during the run: No

Today is Easter.  And an absolutely gorgeous day for a run.  But I did not see a single other runner until I was 9.2 miles into my 10 mile run, and I didn't start my run until 8 so it's not like it was really early.  I did, however, see lots and lots of cars going to churches on my run.  Because I didn't see another runner for so long, I started to wonder if I were the only person in town not going to church today.  Which made me wonder what the church-goers think when they see me running, instead of going to church.  Hopefully they think "good for her", just as I think when I see them doing what they want to be doing on a Sunday morning.


Today's run felt hard.  I don't know if it was because I ran yesterday or because 10 miles is kind of far.  Every time I have a hard run, I think "this is the week I'm going to start doing strength training too."  So let's see if it is . . .


Happy Easter!  I'm pretty sure a 10 mile run entitles me to at least one Cadbury egg, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment