This is my attempt to get back into pre-baby shape and ring in the big 3-5 with a bang, or rather with 26.2 miles. Just as training for my first half marathon taught me a lot about myself (for example, it taught me that not only was I capable of running 13.1 miles in a row, but that I love doing it), I'm sure this experience will be as educational as it will be challenging. Thanks for sharing in my journey with me . . .

Friday, April 1, 2011

4/1/2011

Training schedule says I will do: 45 minute run

I actually did: 44:45 minutes/3.97 miles

No extra bonus miles today, I think that's the first time!

Days to go until the marathon: 177

Miles to go until 1000: 933.61

Red Hot Chili Peppers song played during the run: No (But a Liz Phair song played as one of the first songs, and 2/3 songs that played at the end of my last run were Liz Phair songs.  It's a good thing I like running to Liz Phair!)


Not a lot of deep thoughts on today's run . . . I thought a little about NSync and the genesis of my (dare I say) love for them when "Pop" played on my ipod.  I'd probably be excited if they reunited and put out a new album, but then I was also excited by the new New Kids on the Block album a couple years ago (and maintain that "Summertime" may be the greatest song ever), so clearly I'm not a great judge of what is exciting, musically.

Then a little later, I reminded myself that I am one of the funniest people I know!  Out of the blue on my ipod, "Score Tonight" from the Grease 2 soundtrack started to play.  Classic.  And it cracked me up that I had included that on my ipod.  But it turns out that is a fun song to sing out loud when you are running!

No comments:

Post a Comment