This is my attempt to get back into pre-baby shape and ring in the big 3-5 with a bang, or rather with 26.2 miles. Just as training for my first half marathon taught me a lot about myself (for example, it taught me that not only was I capable of running 13.1 miles in a row, but that I love doing it), I'm sure this experience will be as educational as it will be challenging. Thanks for sharing in my journey with me . . .

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

3/8/2011

Training schedule says I will do: N/A

I actually did: 1.94 miles* + 20 minutes aerobics (= 1 mile toward 1000 mile goal)

*I did 2.94 miles with my bonus 1 mile for pushing the jogging stroller per Aubree's Bonus Mileage System.  Since my last few runs have been sans munchkin, I definitely felt like I worked harder today; I think I earned that extra mile!!

Days to go until the marathon: 199

Miles to go until 1000: 970.87

I wasn't planning on running today (which is why I also did aerobics), but it was sunny and in the mid 30s, so I felt like I had to get out there.  The best part of the run, other than the great weather, was that I felt like my ipod had a brain and a sense of humor.  It shuffled from Metro Station's "Shake It" to AC/DC's "You Shook Me".  That cracked me up.  I'm obviously easily amused.  (Of course, the song after that was New Kids on the Block "Step by Step"; I'm not sure how that fits.)  It also seemed that my ipod could read my mind, as I was starting to get tired pushing the stroller when suddenly AC/DC said "She was a fast machine, she kept her motor clean, she was the best damn woman that I've ever seen . . ." so of course I couldn't slow down.  Good job, ipod.

1 comment:

  1. I love when the ipod knows that you need an extra push! When I'm at work, I often think about posting the bonus mileage system on facebook, for you and my walking friends, but it never happens. I would post it at work, if it weren't for the fact that I am now FB friends with my boss. But now that I've shared that I am going to post it, perhaps I will be more accountable :).

    ReplyDelete