This is my attempt to get back into pre-baby shape and ring in the big 3-5 with a bang, or rather with 26.2 miles. Just as training for my first half marathon taught me a lot about myself (for example, it taught me that not only was I capable of running 13.1 miles in a row, but that I love doing it), I'm sure this experience will be as educational as it will be challenging. Thanks for sharing in my journey with me . . .

Friday, March 4, 2011

3/3/2011

Training schedule says I will do: N/A

I actually did: "yoga" (ok, really just a long stretching routine), 15 minutes

Days to go until the marathon: 204

Miles to go until 1000: 978.82

I did do some yoga poses, so I'm going to give myself credit for getting my yoga in this week, although mostly I was stretching to relieve soreness from the tough workout I did on Tuesday!  I am not counting this as mileage toward 1000.   

My marathon training schedule begins in a little over a week.  I'm a little nervous for the weekday runs, since I haven't exactly been successful at getting myself up in the morning to work out before work, even with all the pressure of my blog (and its 2 followers)! :)  I have always been better when I've got a training schedule to follow, so I hope that will be true in this case as well.  Now if I could just get my son to sleep through the night so that I could sleep through the night . . .

2 comments:

  1. Jessica, you are doing great! Be kind to yourself, if you miss day it's probably for a pretty good reason, and one I would use is that it's too cold to go outside for a human to survive! Start slowly. Next week, promise yourself you will get up just one morning, then do the other two in the afternoon/evening. Then as it warms up add a day. A coach I had once told me I would not be winning the marathon, and at this point in our lives, family is much, much more important. Focus on the rewards, like when you do get up, reward yourself with coffee on the way to work, no run, no coffee. Have a great first "official" week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But Tryna, I was planning on winning! :)

    ReplyDelete