This is my attempt to get back into pre-baby shape and ring in the big 3-5 with a bang, or rather with 26.2 miles. Just as training for my first half marathon taught me a lot about myself (for example, it taught me that not only was I capable of running 13.1 miles in a row, but that I love doing it), I'm sure this experience will be as educational as it will be challenging. Thanks for sharing in my journey with me . . .

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

3/15/2011

Training schedule says I will do: 35 minute run

I actually did: 39:29 minutes/3.56 miles*

*3.685 miles using Aubree's Bonus Mileage System, getting 1/8 extra mile for running in the dark

Days to go until the marathon: 192

Miles to go until 1000: 964.3

Red Hot Chili Peppers song played during the run: No (so far we are only 50% for the Red Hot Chili Peppers)

This was my first early morning (pre-6 am; I left my house at 4:35) run in a really long time, I think maybe since the day I found out I was pregnant with my son.  It was dark and coldish and for the first 5 minutes I wanted to just turn around and go home.  But then I started to remember that I love my early morning runs.  I did decide, however, that I should probably invest in some time of reflective gear.  I wore a headlamp, but wasn't sure how visible I was, so I only ran in places that had sidewalks.

I was trying really hard to have some deep thoughts about which to blog, after my realization the other day that my running thoughts are shallow.  But no such luck.  I literally spent 2 minutes thinking about the episode of Mr. Sunshine that we watched on DVR last night.  It might be 2 minutes more than anyone other than the show's producers and writers have ever spent thinking about that show.

1 comment:

  1. I have something similar to this item: http://www.amazon.com/Nathan-Tri-Color-Cross-Trainer-Vest/dp/B000LIJKHU/ref=pd_sbs_sg_4
    I wasn't sure how much more visible it makes me, but then I started noticing how visible others were wearing similar items.
    I've never watched Mr. Sunshine. We only have the one television at our house and I am rarely home alone, so my televion viewing has fallen a lot. Kind of sad!

    ReplyDelete