This is my attempt to get back into pre-baby shape and ring in the big 3-5 with a bang, or rather with 26.2 miles. Just as training for my first half marathon taught me a lot about myself (for example, it taught me that not only was I capable of running 13.1 miles in a row, but that I love doing it), I'm sure this experience will be as educational as it will be challenging. Thanks for sharing in my journey with me . . .

Monday, March 7, 2011

3/7/2011

Training schedule says I will do: N/A

I actually did: yoga, 25 min (= 2 miles towards 1000 mile goal)

Days to go until the marathon: 200

Miles to go until 1000: 973.81

So I think my plan to force myself to do yoga enough so that I enjoy it is working, I actually really, really liked this workout.  I did an on demand workout from my cable company, and it was a lot of good stretching for a runner with a little core work thrown in.  It was great!

This morning I stepped on the scale, and noticed that I have gained 2 pounds since this whole blog experiment started.  To be fair, this adventure is about getting back into shape, not about losing weight, since I actually already weigh the same or a little less than I did before I got pregnant (thank you, breastfeeding), but the weight is distributed in a way that is, let's just say, less than flattering, and I'd like to change that.  But upward is definitely not the direction in which I wanted my poundage to trend.  Let's hope for a better number next week . . .  

2 comments:

  1. Stay off the scale, and go by how you feel. My first marathon was 2007, the kids were 1 and I too felt like my weight was back to normal, then I put on 5 pounds training for Portland. It's the muscle that you put on and it stimulates your appetite. Besides, everyone knows scales lie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Tryna! Scales are not friendly. I swear my clothes are fitting a bit better than they did before I started watching my portions, but on the occasion that I do stand on my scale, it is the same darn weight!

    ReplyDelete