This is my attempt to get back into pre-baby shape and ring in the big 3-5 with a bang, or rather with 26.2 miles. Just as training for my first half marathon taught me a lot about myself (for example, it taught me that not only was I capable of running 13.1 miles in a row, but that I love doing it), I'm sure this experience will be as educational as it will be challenging. Thanks for sharing in my journey with me . . .

Thursday, March 24, 2011

3/23-3/24/2011

I have been slacking AGAIN!!  Yesterday I was scheduled to do 45 minute run, and today was scheduled to be a day off.  Yesterday I got up, got dressed, went outside to run, only to discover that the snow that had been falling on me during my previous day's run, had stuck to the ground and the sidewalks and roads were slick.  So I decided not to run that day and figured I'd just run today, and switch the running day with the day off this week.  In retrospect, I should've done strength training or something since I was already in my workout clothes, and I wasn't able to go back to sleep.  At any rate, this morning when my alarm went off, all I could think was "but today's a day off" so I didn't get up.  Slacker!  Tomorrow I'm scheduled to do a 35 minute run so I'll probably do a longer one to try and make up for it a little.  Next week, hopefully, there won't be any snow and I'll actually feel refreshed after the weekend (since I've had some sort of work-related activity every day since 3/7 but have 2 days off this weekend), so no more excuses and no more slacking!

1 comment:

  1. Now you just have to change your thinking. You were exercising caution and preventing injury. Besides, I'm sure you used that time efficiently and got something else done, like I usually do when I skip a run. Yeah, I'm lying.

    ReplyDelete