This is my attempt to get back into pre-baby shape and ring in the big 3-5 with a bang, or rather with 26.2 miles. Just as training for my first half marathon taught me a lot about myself (for example, it taught me that not only was I capable of running 13.1 miles in a row, but that I love doing it), I'm sure this experience will be as educational as it will be challenging. Thanks for sharing in my journey with me . . .

Friday, March 25, 2011

3/25/2011

Training schedule says I will do: 35 minute run

I actually did: 37:04 minutes/2.95 miles*

*3.075 miles using Aubree's Bonus Mileage System, getting 1/8 extra mile for running in the dark

Days to go until the marathon: 182

Miles to go until 1000: 948.76

Red Hot Chili Peppers song played during the run: No
Today's run was kind of pathetic.  It feels pathetic to write about and it felt pathetic while I was doing it.  This morning I was awoken at 3 by my adorable little alarm clock, who wanted to be fed.  So I nursed him and tried to put him back to bed, but he kept crying when I put him in his crib so finally I took him to bed with me.  I probably fell back to sleep around 3:30 or 3:45, but was in a deep sleep when my less adorable actual alarm clock went off at 4.  Not only did I not want to wake up, but I was snuggled next to my little guy so I didn't want to get out of bed.  Honestly, the only reason I got up and ran at all was because I didn't want to admit on here that I skipped 3 days in a row.  (So thank you, blog!)  So I started out my run feeling bitter.  The fact that it was cold (26, although it felt colder; I was sure I'd get bonus miles for the temperature until I got home and looked up what the temperature actually was) didn't help.  I didn't even feel compelled to sing along with the chorus to Candyman's "Knockin' Boots" when it played on my ipod ("Ooh, boy, I love you so, never ever ever gonna let you go, once I get my hands on you.  Ooh boy, I love you so, never ever ever gonna let you go, I hope you feel the same way too."), so you know I was in a bad mood.  But, I told myself I'd run at least a mile because the first mile is always the worst.  (I'm reminded of the New Balance commercial about how the first mile sucks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAteXYqCV7E)  And then once I got to a mile I was ALMOST to the time I was supposed to turn around, so I decided I'd just keep going.  You can see that I did what I was supposed to do, 35 minutes, but didn't travel very far.  We'll try not to calculate my distance/time ratio.  And I never really got out of my bitterness until my run was almost over, so apparently the first 3 miles are the worst?  Or maybe today was just a bad day.  Either way, tomorrow I get to sleep in (Russell willing), and Sunday's run will be better!

No comments:

Post a Comment