This is my attempt to get back into pre-baby shape and ring in the big 3-5 with a bang, or rather with 26.2 miles. Just as training for my first half marathon taught me a lot about myself (for example, it taught me that not only was I capable of running 13.1 miles in a row, but that I love doing it), I'm sure this experience will be as educational as it will be challenging. Thanks for sharing in my journey with me . . .

Thursday, May 26, 2011

5/26/2011

Training schedule says I will do: OFF

I actually did:    32:03 minutes/ 2.95 miles* (to make up for yesterday's missed run)

*  3.075 miles using Aubree's Bonus Mileage System, getting 1/8 mile for darkness
 
Days to go until the marathon: 122


Miles to go until 1000: 812.47

I just realized I haven't been posting the Red Hot Chili Peppers stat.  They have not played in quite some time, so I guess I have definitively proven that they don't ALWAYS play when I run.

This morning's run brought with it a first: I saw a young woman clearly doing a walk of shame.  My run takes me near a college campus, and she was walking towards campus, at around 5:30 am, in a cute little going-out outfit, walking barefoot and carrying her high heels in her hand.  Ah, to be young again!  These days, for me, walk of shame has a new meaning: it means I have left the house to go out in public in clothes that are covered in some combination of spit up, baby poop, and dried Yo Baby yogurt that got flung at me from the high chair.  Oh wait, that happens once a week at least.


I thought a lot this morning about something about which I've been considering for some time: taking a hiatus from Facebook.  I am growing more and more disillusioned with it and the fake friendships it promotes.  I have written about this before, I think.  Recently a friend of mine posted, on Facebook, similar feelings and since then I have been thinking about a hiatus even more.  I think I'm afraid to leave, though, for a couple of reasons.  For all the fake friends I have on there, I also keep in touch with some of my very good friends that way, and it certainly is easy to have them all in one place.  Also, I think the insecure junior high girl that lives inside me is afraid I'll miss out on all the fun if I leave Facebook.  As it is, I really only interact with the people with whom I want to interact, so I don't know what harm it does if many (most?) of my "friends" are people I barely know.  So, I'll probably stay.  We'll see.  I'll update my status if I change my mind! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment