This is my attempt to get back into pre-baby shape and ring in the big 3-5 with a bang, or rather with 26.2 miles. Just as training for my first half marathon taught me a lot about myself (for example, it taught me that not only was I capable of running 13.1 miles in a row, but that I love doing it), I'm sure this experience will be as educational as it will be challenging. Thanks for sharing in my journey with me . . .

Sunday, May 15, 2011

5/15/2011

Training schedule says I will do: 11 miles

I actually did:  11.2 miles*

*12.2 miles using Aubree's Bonus Mileage System, getting 1 extra mile for traveling uphill for 2 miles

Days to go until the marathon: 133

Miles to go until 1000: 828.95

Red Hot Chili Peppers song played during the run: No (but Tone Loc played for at least the third run in a row.  Today "Funky Cold Medina" played, and I started wondering about whether that would be considered a date rape drug?  Made me rethink whether I should listen to that song anymore.)

On today's run, right after I started, I passed a couple walking in matching track suits.  I was happy for them getting exercise, but it cracked me up.  I tried to picture my husband and I in matching track suits, but I just couldn't do it.

My mind wandered a lot on this run -- it had a lot of time to wander since I'm super slow.  I thought about the great family day we had yesterday, and I thought about the pretty crazy week I had at work last week.  And I spent a lot of time feeling like my old running self, which was nice.  I was kind of dreading this run, I thought it'd be really hard since the last 2 times I did 10 miles it felt hard, and I didn't really run this week.  The run was hard for the first 1-2 miles, which isn't really anything new, but then I kind of went on autopilot and before I knew it, I was 4.5 miles in.  Then 7 miles.  Then 9 miles.  It was great.  Let's hope it keeps being great!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment