This is my attempt to get back into pre-baby shape and ring in the big 3-5 with a bang, or rather with 26.2 miles. Just as training for my first half marathon taught me a lot about myself (for example, it taught me that not only was I capable of running 13.1 miles in a row, but that I love doing it), I'm sure this experience will be as educational as it will be challenging. Thanks for sharing in my journey with me . . .

Saturday, May 14, 2011

5/11/2011

Training schedule says I will do: 12 x 30-30

I actually did:  12 x 30-30/2.21 miles

Days to go until the marathon: 137

Miles to go until 1000: 840.15

Red Hot Chili Peppers song played during the run: No

So I looked up exactly how I should be doing my speed training intervals, and based on my projected marathon time, the website I found calculated that my fast intervals should be 9:51 minute mile pace.  So that was my goal, but I ended up just running fast again, and was usually somewhere around 8 minute miles.  I think the problem is my GPS watch takes about 15 seconds to accurately reflect a pace change, and by the time I saw I was going to fast, the interval was already half over so I just kept at the same pace.  Coming up I have longer intervals, so I'll try to be a little more accurate then!

Also, today I ran after work, and it was my first run in a tank top.  FINALLY warm weather is here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment