This is my attempt to get back into pre-baby shape and ring in the big 3-5 with a bang, or rather with 26.2 miles. Just as training for my first half marathon taught me a lot about myself (for example, it taught me that not only was I capable of running 13.1 miles in a row, but that I love doing it), I'm sure this experience will be as educational as it will be challenging. Thanks for sharing in my journey with me . . .

Thursday, June 9, 2011

6/8/2011

Training schedule says I will do: 10 x 1:00/2:00

I actually did:   10 x 1:00/2:00/ 3.79 miles*
 
*3.915 miles using Aubree's Bonus Mileage System, getting an extra 1/8 mile for darkness
 
Days to go until the marathon: 109

Miles to go until 1000: 775.91

My love of running came back a little more on this run.  I actually really like the fast blocks; they are tiring, but it is kind of fun to feel so fast.  (I averaged between 8-9 minute miles during them, so it's really not "so" fast, but it is fast for me.)  And I was once again reminded how nice it is to be out for a run when the rest of the world is sleeping.  I'm getting a little nervous for my long run this weekend, but I am hopeful after the way I felt on today's run.

No comments:

Post a Comment