This is my attempt to get back into pre-baby shape and ring in the big 3-5 with a bang, or rather with 26.2 miles. Just as training for my first half marathon taught me a lot about myself (for example, it taught me that not only was I capable of running 13.1 miles in a row, but that I love doing it), I'm sure this experience will be as educational as it will be challenging. Thanks for sharing in my journey with me . . .

Friday, June 3, 2011

5/31/2011

Training schedule says I will do: OFF

I actually did:    4.41 miles
 
Days to go until the marathon: 117

Miles to go until 1000: 796.05

I was supposed to take today off.  And I did, initially (i.e., I didn't get up to run this morning).  But then it turned out to be a really nice day, and I wanted to take revenge after my awful run on Sunday, so I went out this evening.  It was freeing to run not because I had to, but because I wanted to.  I could run as fast or as slow as I wanted, and only turned around when I did because it was dinner time, and I was hungry.  My right hip, which hurt the whole time I ran on Sunday and has hurt since, even stopped hurting as soon as I started running.  It was a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment