This is my attempt to get back into pre-baby shape and ring in the big 3-5 with a bang, or rather with 26.2 miles. Just as training for my first half marathon taught me a lot about myself (for example, it taught me that not only was I capable of running 13.1 miles in a row, but that I love doing it), I'm sure this experience will be as educational as it will be challenging. Thanks for sharing in my journey with me . . .

Friday, June 17, 2011

6/11/2011

Training schedule says I will do: OFF (but tomorrow's long run is supposed to be 12 miles)
I actually did:   11.58 miles*
*13.58 miles using Aubree's Bonus Mileage System, getting an extra 1 mile for traveling uphill for 2 miles, 0.5 miles for sweating through 2 layers, and 0.5 miles for running 10+ miles
 
Days to go until the marathon: 106

Miles to go until 1000: 764.33

I thought a lot about college on my run today, for good reason: my best friend (who I met in college, and who is Aubree of the famed Aubree's bonus mileage system) is coming to town today to visit for a few days.  Included in our itinerary is an 80's themed bachelorette party tonight.  It's going to be awesome.

As I was thinking about college, I was thinking about whether I'd want to do it again (now).  Honestly, I don't know.  Sometimes I think it would be great to take more classes just to learn stuff.  For instance, I feel fairly ignorant about US and world history (not on a Sarah Palin level, but not where I'd like to be).  But college classes are also a lot of work.  And sometimes I'd like to have little to no responsibility, but then I'd miss my husband and son.  And I'm fairly certain, no, make that certain, that I could not drink like that anymore and feel fine the next day.  But it would be nice to live near all my friends again.  I guess it doesn't really matter where I end up in this decision, since re-doing college is not really an option.  Good thing I have some great memories, and some pretty embarrassing pictures, to tide me over!

No comments:

Post a Comment