This is my attempt to get back into pre-baby shape and ring in the big 3-5 with a bang, or rather with 26.2 miles. Just as training for my first half marathon taught me a lot about myself (for example, it taught me that not only was I capable of running 13.1 miles in a row, but that I love doing it), I'm sure this experience will be as educational as it will be challenging. Thanks for sharing in my journey with me . . .

Friday, June 3, 2011

6/2-6/3/2011

I didn't run either of these days.  Thursday (6/2) was a scheduled day off, but I planned to do the run I missed on 6/1.  And today (6/3) I was scheduled to do 25 minutes.  I have "reasons" I didn't run, and they are legitimate-ish.  Wednesday night was our anniversary and we shared a bottle of wine with dinner (which means I had 2/3 of the bottle), so Thursday morning sleep sounded better than running.  And Thursday night, my son was up a bunch of times I only ended up getting a few hours of sleep.

But the truth is, my running motivation is somewhat lacking after the awful run on Sunday.  Even though I had a much better run on Tuesday, I just didn't feel like getting up at 4 and getting out there the rest of the week.  This weekend is supposed to be nice weather, and my long run is only 9 miles, so I'm very hopeful that this combination will give me my running mojo back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment