This is my attempt to get back into pre-baby shape and ring in the big 3-5 with a bang, or rather with 26.2 miles. Just as training for my first half marathon taught me a lot about myself (for example, it taught me that not only was I capable of running 13.1 miles in a row, but that I love doing it), I'm sure this experience will be as educational as it will be challenging. Thanks for sharing in my journey with me . . .

Saturday, February 26, 2011

2/24/2011

Training schedule says I will do: N/A

I actually did: "strength training" 15 minutes

Days to go until the marathon: 211

Miles to go until 1000: 984.8

I put strength training in quotes because I was running a little short on time so I just did sit-ups, push-ups, and wall sits.  I am NOT counting today's work-out toward my 1000 mile goal!!  But, I figured doing a little something was better than nothing.

It has barely been above 0 this week but is supposed to be in the 20s-30s this weekend so I am looking forward to a run.  Either that, or I'm looking forward to the polartec running tights I ordered from athleta arriving so I can get out there in the cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment