This is my attempt to get back into pre-baby shape and ring in the big 3-5 with a bang, or rather with 26.2 miles. Just as training for my first half marathon taught me a lot about myself (for example, it taught me that not only was I capable of running 13.1 miles in a row, but that I love doing it), I'm sure this experience will be as educational as it will be challenging. Thanks for sharing in my journey with me . . .

Saturday, February 19, 2011

2/19/2011

Training schedule says I will do: N/A

I actually did: 1.97 miles

Days to go until the marathon: 216

Miles to go until 1000: 986.8

I'm not going to lie, I spent the vast majority of this very short run thinking about how cold it was.  3 degrees, with light snowfall that landed on my eyelashes and -- I'm not even kidding -- turned into icicles.  Evidently my warm running clothes that worked for Portland winters are woefully inadequate for Montana.  (Obviously, I did not subject the little one to those conditions so there was no jogging stroller today.  At least that let me move a little faster!!) 

1 comment:

  1. Hey there mama,

    I have found some running stuff from a company called Craft, it's expensive, but it gives you a warm layer underneath that helps take the bite out of the cold. We looked this morning and after my run, it said 1 degree in Billings! Yuck, layer, layer, and call in sick!

    ReplyDelete